header

header

8.22.2011

Candy Pacifier Baby Shower Favors



Don't you love it when a friend shows up at the door with a shoebox full of Lifesavers, jellybeans, and ribbon and teaches you something new?

I helped a friend prepare for her daughter's baby shower this weekend by constructing 50 pacifier favors using just those supplies!

I'm past that particular phase, but I recognized it and swear I saw it linked up here once or twice, but couldn't find the link to save my life. Luckily, my friend came prepared to teach, so grab your supplies.

Baby Shower Candy Pacifiers


Supplies:



Life Savers Mints
Ribbon
Pink Jelly Belly Jelly Beans
1/2 inch Sequin Pins (pictured below)




Set yourself up on the back porch with tv trays so you can also watch the wiffle ball home run derby in the back yard.



Follow these simple steps:



1. Tie a bow around one Life Saver mint.

2. Insert pin through knot in ribbon from behind.

3. Place second mint on top.

4. Stick the end of your jelly bean into the hole in the Life Saver and through the pin to anchor.

**Note**  Though you could never eat the pin without eating the ribbon, some readers were still worried  and came up with an alternative "glue" made from melted white chocolate you might wish to substitute just in case you have some ribbon-eating guests :)

23 comments:

  1. Super cute, but what if someone desiced to eat it? I'm having images of someone poking their mouth with the pin. Maybe I'm just a dork :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made these just whipped up some powder sugar and water to make a paste used it as my glue and when dried holds great also cut jelly bean in half

      Delete
  2. And the jelly bean stayed put? It didn't want to slide off the pin? They're super cute - and I'm thinking of using them for a friend's baby shower coming up soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't eat the pin unless you also popped the ribbon in your mouth. The pin is held in place by the ribbon and would come off when it was removed if someone wanted to eat it.

    Good question!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ARGH!!!!! Too Late! Too Late!!

    My sister's baby shower was last Saturday. As in two days ago!

    Major Blog Post Timing Fail, Jen!!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! :) I'll have to pin them so I can use them later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. where do you get the pins?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them!! But also a little worried about the pin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can use powder sugar and water to make a paste and use as the glue than there is no need for the pin holds great when dry i also used half of the jelly bean and some paste mine turned out great and totally edible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok but what do you use to substitute the ribbon

      Delete
    2. I'm going to say that if you are that worried that your guests will eat ribbon, maybe choose another favor. It's really just a cute thing to have at the shower. You don't have to chow down on everything on a table.

      Delete
  9. If there is a major concern that someone in your party is going to eat the pin. It is for the better, as they would likely have stuck a fork into the toaster anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been making these for about 13 years. We use cake icing to hold them together. So people can eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made these and held them together with white chocolate. They were adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. helped do my friends baby shower & used as decoration.....done with pin, but to keep people from eating I placed in empty baby jars labeled with "arriving soon" hung on a ribbon and tag. and even painted jar lids. with plastic baby pins from Dollar Tree store, placed inside jar. and glued shut.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute cute cute...thanks for sharing..I have linked to you over at Freebies for Crafters.
    Thanks Khris

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great baby shower favors! I’ve been looking for some creative baby shower decorating ideas for boys and this could serve as a decoration and a shower favor at the same time! Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to do these for my daughter's baby shower. I wish someone could give the amount of ribbon I would need per favor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love it..I am hosting my daughter in laws baby shower next week, these are a definite...so cute

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey HopeStudio,

    I just wanted to let you know that I think http://hopestudios.blogspot.in/ is such a great resource that I had to mention it in my latest blog post http://parentinghealthybabies.com/25-baby-shower-ideas-or-themes-for-girl/#comments.

    I know you are busy, so no need to reply. But if you get a spare moment, check out the post. If you like it, feel free to tweet it out.

    Thanks,

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  18. these were so cute and I got lots of comments on them definitely will do them again for every baby shower I am invited to thank you for the idea I also did not have pins so I cut a toothpick in half and used that instead.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are too cute thank you

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work