header

header

2.09.2012

Mini Corn Dogs - Pinterest Pass or Fail?



I Pinned a recipe for Mini Corn Dog Muffins, originating at the Iowa Girl Eats blog. I pinned it on my Par-Tay Food Board and planned to try it out for the Superbowl.

The recipe was so simple:



1 Tablespoon of corn muffin batter + 1 inch piece of hotdog. Bake.

Could they really taste like corn dogs?

YES!!! Pinterest Pass!!! Whoo hoo, I have to go the the gym 3 more times this week because I ate so many of them!!!

You could make it super simple and use a "just add water and egg" boxed mix, but cornbread is so simple to make I thought I would share my go-to cornbread recipe.

Quick Cornbread

1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cups corn meal (yellow corn meal looks more like a corn dog)
1/3 cup sugar (I like sweeter for the salty/sweet combo)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten

Combine ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened. Don't over beat.

Spoon 1 Tbsp. batter into a greased mini-muffin pan.

Press a 1 inch piece of hotdog into the batter (1 hotdog should yield 6 pieces) and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until light golden.

Let the muffins sit in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.

Eat until you feel like you might burst or turn into a walking corn dog.

Mamamadeitlookeasy tried a bandana quilt that is darling:



What Pins have YOU tried? Drop me a link and I'll check it out!

7 comments:

  1. I saw these and I've been wanting to try them. My son LOVES corn dogs. He eats on every single morning. I know he would love them. He would probably think it was cool to make his own as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!! I'm going to make these today. My kids love corn dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet & Salty - girl, I's eat the whole batch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to know! I just introduced my daughter to corn dogs, so it'd be nice to have a recipe to make them myself. I just tried out a crockpot buffalo chicken recipe from Pinterest - a pass!
    http://www.mandyinminneapoland.blogspot.com/2012/02/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken-sandwiches.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried these and majorly failed... it was me though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubs is gone this weekend and I think the kids might think I'm a rock star if I make these :) I just think I will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to try these! Well, when I am no longer pregnant and am allowed to eat hot dogs again.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work