header

header

2.13.2012

Pulled Pork Sliders - Two Ways!



When we are skiing for the weekend, I love to plan for slow cooker meals. In the past month, I've tried two totally different recipes for Pulled Pork Sandwiches...and I'm a sucker for a slider, so I serve them on tiny dinner rolls. Want to make your own Buttery Dinner Rolls? Check out my favorite recipe!

The first recipe I found in my Good Housekeeping magazine last month. It is more of a traditional, tomato-based recipe, that would work with beef or pork roast.

Slow Cooked Pulled Pork

Ingredients:

1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup(s) ketchup
1/3 cup(s) cider vinegar
1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
1/4 cup(s) tomato paste
2 tablespoon(s) sweet paprika
2 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon(s) yellow mustard
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
1 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
4 pound(s) boneless pork shoulder blade roast
(fresh pork butt), cut into 4 pieces

Directions:

Combine the first 10 ingredients in your slow cooker then add your pork, turning until well coated.

Cook on low 8-10 hours until very tender.

I like to shred the pork with two forks right in the bowl of the slow cooker, then stir to coat with the sauce.

I found the second recipe for Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork on Pinterest, originating at C & C Marriage Factory.

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork

Ingredients:

1 (2 pound) boneless pork tenderloin
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water



Glaze
:

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce


Directions:

Combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub over roast.

Place in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

About 1 hour before roast is done, combine ingredients for glaze in small sauce pan. Heat and stir until mixture thickens.

The instructions tell you to baste the roast during the last hour of cooking then serve the rest of the sauce on the side, but I poured all the glaze in the slow cooker and then shredded the pork at the end of an hour and served on tiny buns.

A second batch of sauce would have been good as a condiment, but the pork had plenty of flavor without it.

This is a vinegary recipe reminiscent of North Carolina style pulled pork. Yummy with a pickle on top!

4 comments:

  1. Both of those sound delish - I read somewhere if you put the roast in your mixer with the paddle, it will "pull" or shred, it for you! Gonna have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both sound delicious! My boys love pulled pork. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that looks so good!

    Bookmarking!!

    janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooooooooo can't wait to try both of them too!! And I can't get that bar-b-q place we went to out of my brain either!!!!! Yuuum.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work