header

header

10.22.2012

Shrinky Dink Love


Several years ago I was in a nostalgic kind of mood and wanted to save everything childlike from my boys when I saw them growing up too fast.

I was also in a shrinky dink kick at the time.  I came across the little charms the other day and thought I would share.

I used the kids drawings and signatures to make a necklace, charms, a cuff bracelet, and some little embellishments for scrapbook pages.

Shrinky dink plastic shrinks to about 1/3 of the original size, so you can size the photos at your local copy shop accordingly.  I found that an ordinary paper hole punch works out to be the perfect size for fastening charms.

So, this is how I did it.

Find a cute drawing...


Place Shrinky Dink paper (rough side up) over drawing and trace...


Punch hole if needed...


Bake 325 degrees, rough side up,  2-4 minutes...


Sometimes, the picture comes out better if you draw on the shiny side.  In this case, just lay a piece of parchment paper on the cookie sheet before baking.

You could do all sorts of things with these little charms!  What would you do?

Have you seen my other Shrinky Dink projects?  How about the personalized Wine Charms I made for Thanksgiving?  Or the fun Cupcake Charms I made for my friend's birthday?  And finally, cute Coffee Cup Charms for a fun coffee break with friends?  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work