header

header

5.02.2013

Cheesy Quinoa Broccoli Bake - Pinterest Pass or Fail


I pulled out my Pinterest Cookin' Mama Board when I needed a last minute side dish for last night's dinner and decided to try this Quinoa Broccoli Casserole  from Eating Well, Living Thin Blog.  

My husband and I loved it, the kids were confused and only tasted a bite.  I changed a few ingredients, and used cream of mushroom soup, so my casserole turned out a little gray in color and was not as appetizing as Linda's lovely photo.

Here is the recipe with my modifications:

Cheesy Quinoa Broccoli Bake
Eating Well, Living Thin

One 10 oz can condensed Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/3 cup mayonnaise 
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/4 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups steamed broccoli
1 1/2 cups  COOKED quinoa **
Feshly grated Parmesan cheese

**To cook quinoa:

3/4 cup quinoa

1 1/2 cups water

1/4 teaspoon salt


In a small saucepan combine the quinoa, water, and salt.  Bring to a boil over high heat.  Reduce heat to low and cover.  Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until fluffy and the white ring/tail is visible.  Fluff with a fork.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl combine the soup, mayonnaise, milk, shredded cheese, sugar,  and pepper until well mixed. Stir in the quinoa and broccoli.

Spoon mixture into prepared 8x8 shallow casserole dish.  Sprinkle on a couple tablespoons of Parmesan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly on the edges and golden.  Makes 8 generous 1/2-cup servings.

This is worth a try - Pinterest Pass!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like broccoli cheese casserole - what's not to love? My kids would be the same way, tho. They still won't try couscous, tho I have made it lots by now and swoon over it every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some quinoa and I was already to try it until I saw the mushroom soup:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooooo can't wait to try this!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work